How NABAS Works
NABAS (National Association of Balloon Artists and Suppliers) was established in 1987 as a chapter of NABA, the balloon association of America (the S was added in the UK as there were a number of suppliers involved). It is the ONLY member-owned Trade Association for the Party and Events industy and it’s members include decorators, retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers.
Our extensive liability insurance covers every aspect of the party industry, and members aren’t just related to balloons and decor – we cover cake decorators, makeup artists, face painters, venue dressers, entertainers, equipment hire companies too…check out our cover here
An independent management committee, elected by the members, oversees the running of the association. All committee members have party/event-related backgrounds and all volunteer their time and energy working for the interests of the members and the industry as representative of NABAS.
The management committee is currently working on issues including:
- Uniting ALL in the balloon and party industry Worldwide to work together for the benefit of safeguarding our industry.
- Fighting the environmental campaign to ban balloons through education
- Increasing public awareness of balloons through events such as National Balloon Week
- Increasing the NABAS approved training courses into key skill areas to better serve and educate professionals
- Implementing a new marketing initiatives and business resources to promote members to the public.
- NABAS also organises various events including the annual AGM discounted training day, the biennial NABAS event, a two to three-day event where members can showcase their creativity in competitions and attend workshops and masterclasses, as well as socialise with old friends and meet new associates.